Journey

A personal blog documenting my journey through the Bible and my other activities and observations.

Name:
Location: Fresno, California, United States

"Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding." -- The Proverb I remind myself each morning as I wake up. Faith is the center of my life, without faith my life would be incomplete. I'm dating the most amazing handsome-est man GUY ever, who is always there for me no matter what... even if I get a little crazy! I'm also crafty, creative, artsy, whatever.

Sunday, February 12, 2006

Sweet Cookies

There's this nice chain of cookie shops here in Frenso, Hungry Bear Cookies. I first got to know their cookies when they still had a place in Fresno State's Student Union, probably a decade ago. Between games of bowling with my mom when she was a student there, we would each get ourselves one of their sugar cookies called "Sugar Dream." They really do taste like a sugary dream!
A little bit before this last christmas I had an epiphany, I thought I had discovered the secret to the 'melt-in-your-mouth-goodness' that Hungry Bear's sugar cookies had. I didn't get to really try my brainstorm out, because the secret is pretty hard to find in this average girl's options for grocery shopping. Just a few nights ago I stumbled upon the secret ingredient tucked away high up on the top shelf. Luck was really with me that night, because I was even able to reach it down for myself!
This afternoon I was unsuccessful in wedging myself out from under a very heavy writer's block, so I decided to bake a batch of cookies. It seemed like the perfect time to try out my own Sugar Dreams.
Low and behold, it worked... and so far, everyone who's had one (or two... or four) has agreed that I have figured out the melt-in-your-mouth-goodness. The recipe was supposed to make sixty cookies. After laying all of them out on wire racks and leaving them to cool, I went to go write. Well, when I came back... there was only forty cookies left. I think, I made fifty in total.
The picture doesn't do them justice... there's only so much I can do with a dinky malfunctioning camera phone. I added red food dye for the upcoming holiday... so, be aware ... come tuesday some of you might be suffering from my baked goodies. Tomorrow I plan on making some cupcake delights you can't even imagine...

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you have a recipe for the sugar dream cookies?

9:57 AM  
Blogger paris said...

It has been ages since you posted this, but this fellow Fresnan is desperate to recreate the Sugar Dream. Do you share your recipes?

If so, I would be appreciative:
kaseyboone76@yahoo.com

10:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i just typed up the original recipe. I can share it with you if you email things_a_lot@comcast.net it was printed on kjeo47 eyewitness news, years ago. it even has the hungry bear logo. i also have their chocolate chip recipe, if i can find it.

2:52 PM  
Blogger kglen said...

Hiya!

I just tried out the email which takes me back to this page.

I've attached my email for you so if you were in the mood, you could send the cookie recipe.

By the way, I have loved many of the book you show on your blog for years.

Katie

12:08 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Sugar Dreams are my favorite. Do you have a recipe that you would share. My email is tycomi3@aol.com. Tnanks.

Libby

12:19 PM  
Blogger Junebug999 said...

Hi there -- I abolulutely have DREAMS about Sugar Dream cookies. I would just love to have that recipe if you would please send it to me at darla.gilbert@gmail.com

Thank you very much and Merry Christmas.

2:44 PM  
Blogger Junebug999 said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

2:45 PM  
Anonymous Christine said...

Hi, I was searching for the Hungry Bear Sugar Dream cookie recipe on Google and came upon your blog. I was wondering if you could email me the recipe please? My email is smiling_jus4yooh@yahoo.com. I look forward to hearing from you! THANKS! :)

6:10 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi there, would greatly appreciate both the sugar dreams and chocolate chip hungry bear recipe. arosalinda@aol.com.
Thanks a bunch,
Rosalinda

5:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home