Journey

A personal blog documenting my journey through the Bible and my other activities and observations.

Name:
Location: Fresno, California, United States

"Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding." -- The Proverb I remind myself each morning as I wake up. Faith is the center of my life, without faith my life would be incomplete. I'm dating the most amazing handsome-est man GUY ever, who is always there for me no matter what... even if I get a little crazy! I'm also crafty, creative, artsy, whatever.

Friday, January 20, 2006

More Confessions.

I went through a phase when I was young where I collected stamps. Because my family is odd, and knows a lot of people overseas, I was given stamps from all over the globe. A great bulk of my stamp collection were stamps from the UK. (And apparently a lot from Russia and former soviet countries... as I discovered recently when revisiting my collection.)

Also, when I was younger, I had two favorite book series. The Beatrix Potter books, and Paddington the Bear. I loved Beatrix Potter's books so much that the covers became worn and we had to buy me a new set. I learned to read on those books! Paddington influenced my life... I am a great fan of maramlade sandwiches because of that Peruvian bear. I also dressed like him, with my blue rain coat and a similar red hat. Who ever said I wasn't crazy as a pre-school kid?

So today, for some odd reason, I searched for Paddington Bear on Wikipedia. At the bottom of his entry, it tells that he's been featured on a stamp issued by the Royal Mail. Very recently too, just the tenth of this month!

His stamp is part of a series, Animal Tales. Also in the series is Jeremy Fisher, one of Beatrix Potter's characters. Fortunately, the USPS is jointly doing this series with the Royal Mail... but, they're using different characters, no Paddington or Jeremy Fisher. I'll have to buy them off of the Royal Mail's website, if that's possible. The USPS doesn't have the series listed on their website, as far as I can tell.

... but I did stumble upon a Jim Henson series I was not aware of.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, I found your site while doing a search for antique dolls, modern dolls and teddy bears. Wow, love your site. It really was a pleasure to read. Thanks.

7:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home